Announcement! – Today I will share my new adventure. I have written about my walking stick adventure on my new website. Hopefully, you will at least get a giggle from my experience. But I will also share the steps I took to create the site. I hope you will find enough inspiration to give it a try yourself.
My New Website – My New Adventure
It’s called Ladies Walking Sticks. Go have a look and tell me what you think in the comments. But be sure to return if you are curious to know how I made it happened. If I can do it, you can too.
Steps For Creating Your Own Website
- I joined a local online community called Wealthy Affiliate to learn the process of creating a Word Press site. There are hundreds of instructional videos that explain and walk you every step of the process. And well over a million members worldwide are there to help and support you along the way. They provide a hosting service as well as a url purchasing service so that you have everything you need at your fingertips. In the beginning, I moved this site (https:// lowellann.com) to their hosting service and have been very happy with their tech support. You can try it out for free, but to gain all the benefits, you must become a premium member at $49/mo or $359/yr.
- Learning how to get started meant working my way through all five levels of training and this took quite a bit of time and focus. The site offers a place to set up and practice while you learn. I also took part in a weekly live webinar that presented major concepts and answered individual questions.
- I also worked my way through most of the Seven Phases of online business development. Eventually, I felt ready to create a single niche site that will eventually point to Amazon where I will earn commissions on sales.
- First, some keyword research was needed. In order to know what url to purchase, I needed to know what Google searchers are looking for. I looked for a set of keywords related to the product I wanted to profile ( hiking poles, trekking poles, walking sticks). Wealthy Affiliates provides a very efficient research tool called Jaaxy for that purpose.
- I found some great scores for “ladies walking sticks” and purchased the url: ladieswalkingsticks.com.
- Next, as outlined in the story, I purchased a set from Amazon and tried them out. It was quite a journey that took place over a couple of months.
- I documented my experience by creating a series of blog posts, ending with a review of the set that I have.
- Now, I’m in the process of acquiring the traffic that I will need in order to qualify for the Amazon affiliate program. This meant listing the new site on two Google services:
- Google Analytics – a web analytics service that tracks and reports website traffic. This will allow me to set goals and track where site visitors come from and their behaviour when they visit my site.
- Google Search Console – a web service for webmasters. It allows webmasters to check indexing status and optimize visibility of their websites.
- Will you help me with the traffic score? Simply go to https://ladieswalkingsticks.com and leave a comment on a blog post.
- As time goes on, I will write more about my own experiences and will review other varieties for viewers trying to do the research that I did not do. (You have to read the story to catch my meaning here.)
- Of course, if you would like some help and guidance through this process, I’m here to help.
Clicking on the Wealthy Affiliate and Jaaxy links will give me a commission.
In my workstyle-lifestyle coaching work I love helping solopreneurs find direction, stay motivated and build systems that both support and promote their business. Here’s a great place to begin: