How did we react?
- with anger – How dare they take away the process that I spent hours learning how to use effectively?
- with dismay or fear – This really does impact my business going forward.
- with curiosity – What am I losing and gaining?
- with anticipation – What opportunities are there here?
Remember why we are on ANY social media platform:
- to point people back to our website
- to promote our business
- to engage with potential customers and colleagues
- to learn all that we can
- our ability to invite specific people/circles and have them receive notification
- loss of our easy HOA branding
- ability to see/save the text interaction that took place during the Hangout on the Event Page
- the RSVP function and Calendar posting for our HOA audiences
Personally I had already begun the experimentation process before this announcement because I had been watching the trends; however, I could see that my Tuesday morning Being Your Own CEO Success Circle will become even more important as a support to my solopreneur audience, so I stepped up the process and spent most of a full day:
Here’s What I’ve Been Doing
- Reflected on the who and the why. Who do I want to reach with my HOAs, what do they need/want and what are the best ways to reach them.
- Researched new YouTube rules around hosting (embedding) videos on my own website;
- Reviewed the YouTube HOA set-up that I had learned from Ronnie Bincer, The Hangout Helper, a couple of years ago (Thank You Ronnie)
- Set up this week’s #BeingYourOwnCEO session under Live Streaming Events;
- Did much more in depth exploration of the the YouTube site (what does this link do?);
- Reviewed my thinking about not putting all eggs in one basket;
- Refined the process of expanding my reach to other platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram,Twitter)
- Tried a couple of new invitation processes that we will discuss at the next #SuccessCircle;
- Reminded myself to thank my Green Room crew for their participation, support and feedback;
- Started a revised checklist so that I don’t lose the edge on ideas as they arise and the results gained;
- Reviewed and made changes to my website that will accommodate this new approach;
- Continued my trending research by accessing other’s observations on their experimentation.
- Continued active participation in a couple of Google Plus Communities (User-2-User Live) Thank you Andrew Hachett and Michael Daniels especially.