- What will I do with the rest of my life?
- Is there a career out there meant for me?
- How can I make a living?
- Should I look for another job or should I do some freelancing?
- First, you download the free tool that takes you through the process step by step. Be sure to print it off for later use.
- Find a two-day chunk of time on your calendar that can be devoted to this exercise without interruption (personal retreat)
- Collect a bunch of magazines that normally attract you and a few that you have never looked at (Examples: gardening, business, art, travel)
- Find some large paper (newspaper roll or flip chart) and a large marker (Sharpie)
- Get a good night’s sleep, go for a short walk to get the energy flowing and make a pot of coffee.
On the Chosen Day
- Turn off all electronics. No phone, computer, TV, etc (See The Value of Digital Detox)
- Clear off a large table or floor to do this work.
- Gather materials suggested above.
- Now work your way through the steps until you have completed the homework exercise.
- Give yourself a break and another good nights sleep. Keep everything low key (no violent news, games, TV) so that you allow your subconscious brain to mull over your work. Some leisurely reading or a long walk and music work best.
- On the second day, review your work from yesterday and complete the exercise. You now have some clarity about your life’s niche and what you need to do to enact it.
- Be sure to record the results of this work in whatever way works for you (paper journal or electronic notes)
- Get ready for action!
Mindset Monday Challenge
This Mindset Monday post is presented especially for solopreneurs
by LowellAnn Fuglsang, Business and Career Coach
In my workstyle-lifestyle coaching work I love helping solopreneurs find direction, stay motivated and build systems that both support and promote their business. One support that I like to emphasize for them is the Google experience. Two great places to begin are my Weekly Being Your Own CEO Success Circle and The Portable Business Coach (Now titled “Solopreneur Evaluation Tool” – a tool that will tell you where you need to put more time and energy)