Free Video Tool – LowellAnn Fuglsang
Today I want to introduce my readers to a free video tool that solopreneurs will find a variety of ways to use. Viewedit (viewed-it) – Screen, Voice and Webcam Recorder is so easy to install and record that it’s bound to be a hit!
Note: Viewedit has changed its name. It’s now called Vidyard GoVideo
- Open your Google Chrome browser and navigate to Settings and the Extensions tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to Get More Extensions.
- Search for and install “Vidyard GoVideo – Screen and Webcam Recorder”
- Once installed you will find a small green circle logo in your extensions menu at the top right of your browser screen.
Simply click the logo in your extensions menu and a small window opens with a very obvious red record button. It’s that easy!
Recently we had a discussion about Viewedit in our Being Your Own CEO Success Circle and we decided that it is well worth some experimentation for the following reasons:
- It’s free
- It has such a simple interface so little or no learning curve.
- You can track how many times the video has been viewed.
- You can record and share something on your screen with voice and your face in the corner if you wish to demonstrate a process.
- You can record personal messages and send them by e-mail automatically.
- You can automatically share with Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn and the video shows up as a great thumbnail.
- You can share the link on Google Plus and other social media platforms with the same great thumbnail.
- You can record for up to one hour that can be shared as a vlog.
- It can be used to create a teaser trailer to introduce a blog.
Here I am showing you that the link can be shared within WordPress. The link does not embed however, so you need to create a picture thumbnail and place a link behind it.
Mindset Monday Challenge
Take a look at the way you currently connect with your business prospects. Could that method be enhanced by the inclusion of a personal video message?