Google Tools for Business
Recently we looked at the Google Tools for Business in the Being Your Own CEO success circle titled Google Ecosystem. I had made my list and was amazed by the number of additions offered by the other participants. This was a good reminder that there is so much offered that we may not know about all of them. Have a look at our list; perhaps there are products the will make your business more efficient and enjoyable:
General Interest Tools
- Google Chrome – a web browser with many available extensions that increase what you can do on the web.
- Google Search – for researching, finding information and linking with various websites.
- Photos – Stores and sorts all the pictures taken from your smart phone.
- Translate – Changes text from one language to another.
- Google News – Aggregates news headlines from around the world.
Business/Office Tools (available on all your devices)
- Mail – gmail.com gives free access to webmail for anyone who signs up. And with it comes the following ….
- Calendar – Your appointment book, complete with reminders, colour coding, re-occurring activities.
- Contacts – Your address book, e-mail addresses auto saved, and you can put people into various groups.
- Keep – Your note taker and/or to do list
- Drive – Documents, Sheets, Slides, Forms – All sharable and amendable by those given permission. Voice recognition add-on is available for visually impaired people
- Hangouts – Provides text messaging, phoning, and face-to -face video calls for up to 10 people.
- Google Apps – A paid service suitable for companies that need to have other employees with a common e-mail address.
- Google Plus – Social media platform with general feed, Circles, Communities and Collections
- Google My Business – Place a profile of your business on Google Maps
- Hangouts On Air – Video Calls that get recorded and uploaded to You Tube automatically.
- YouTube – Records video calls and creates a channel for you that lists all your recorded videos. Great Search engine as well.
- YouTube Live Streaming – Creates videos from your smartphone.
- Blogger – Allows you to create blog entries and post them to the Internet.
Tools for Web Presence
- Google Alerts – You can ask Google to let you know when something of interest gets posted to the web.
- Webmaster Tools – Allows you to track Google indexing for your website.
- Google Analytics – Allows you to analyze the traffic to your website.
- Google Wallet – You can pay for items or services being purchased on your smart phone.
Tools for Community Building
- Google Maps – You can find locations and businesses in your community
- Local Guides – Add your pictures and reviews of local business to Maps.
- Google Groups – Create a forum for people to text communicate privately
This is an extensive list for sure. I wonder what I have missed.
Mindset Monday Challenge
Review this list and decide what items that will make your business life easier.