There is a variety of ways to engage a prospect, but they must fit the prospect’s comfort level:
- Your phone – You must be ready to respond immediately and personally – no phone ques or voice mail.
- Your location – If you do not serve your client from a brick and mortar location, you must be easy to find via other methods
- Your website – When they do a “topic + City” Google search, will they find you?
- On Social Media – Does your information pop up frequently? Do your posts lead searchers back to your website?
- Local or national listings – Do these listing lead the searcher to your website?
Once the prospect finds you, you must find the quickest and easiest way to to have a conversation. Here are some ideas to try:
- Invite a personal message via Social Media platform
- Your Website provides an opportunity for them to e-mail or phone you.
- Website outlines the buying process and prices
- Website provides a method for them to qualify themselves by completing a questionnaire
- Website links to a platform called Appear In, Google Meet or Zoom that allows face-to-face conversation
The conversation must be cordial and focused – Your most important tools lie within you – your ability to ask questions and listen:
- What can you do to help this person?
- Do they express a sense of urgency? What do they need or want?
- Do they buy into your unique selling proposition? Your big benefit.
- Do they have the money?
- Do they have the ability to say yes?
Mindset Monday Challenge:
Review the ways that prospects can find you and decide what improvement you can make to your process.