How To Engage A Prospect
Solopreneurs must above all other skills, know how to engage a prospect so that they are able to sell enough products or services to make a living.
A prospect is a potential client who has expressed a need for the product or service that you offer; and has the ability to pay. This means that we must give them every opportunity to express that need; they must be able to find us in a way that is convenient for them.
There is a variety of ways to engage a prospect, but they must fit the prospect’s comfort level:
- Your phone – You must be ready to respond immediately and personally – no phone ques or voice mail.
- Your location – If you do not serve your client from a brick and mortar location, you must be easy to find via other methods
- Your website – When they do a “topic + City” Google search, will they find you?
- On Social Media – Does your information pop up frequently? Do your posts lead searchers back to your website?
- Local or national listings – Do these listing lead the searcher to your website?
Once the prospect finds you, you must find the quickest and easiest way to to have a conversation. Here are some ideas to try:
- Invite a personal message via Social Media platform
- Website provides an opportunity for them to e-mail or phone you.
- Website outlines the buying process and prices
- Website provides a method for them to qualify themselves by completing a questionnaire
- Website links to a platform called Appear In or Google Hangout that allows face-to-face conversation
The conversation must be cordial and focused – Your most important tools lie within you – your ability to ask questions and listen:
- What can you do to help this person?
- Do they express a sense of urgency? What do they need or want?
- Do they buy into your unique selling proposition? Your big benefit.
- Do they have the money?
- Do they have the ability to say yes?
Mindset Monday Challenge: Review the ways that prospects can find you and decide what improvement you can make to your process.