What You Need to Know About Your Prospects
What does all this tell us? That Google is placing more & more importance on the mobile user. And Google isn’t alone. Twitter and LinkedIn are all on board with Google, while Facebook has their new Instant Articles.. And what does this mean for the average business owner with a website? It means we must carefully analyze our target market if we want to reach them.
A review of some recent Canadian statistics helped confirm the need to review and rethink my marketing strategy:
- Smartphone ownership increased by 24% in one year (2014-2015)
- 55% of Canadians owned a smartphone in in 2015
- Three categories to watch changing habits: On the Go, At home and At Work
- For more details see Catalyst
- User breakdown Men 52.1% Women 48.3% (eMarketer)
- Google’s research shows that the smartphone gets used 150 times per day by owners.
- Most research indicates that assumptions made based on demographics are shifting quickly.
What You Need To Know About Your Prospects
- What devices do they use? and for what purpose?
- How do they respond to what Google calls Micro Moments?
- I want to know
- I want to go
- I want to do
- I want to buy
- How active are they on social media and what device do they use for that?
- What SM platforms do they access?
- Do they prefer reading blogs, watching videos, or listening to podcasts?
- What are their buying habits?
- What do they look for? When?
- What do they know already?
- What is their state of mind?