But when solopreneurs think about ways to market themselves online, they often have a variety of avoidance responses:
- Lack of Discipline – the proverbial going down a rabbit hole
- Intimidation – Feels like I have nothing to offer
- Ignorance – Don’t know where to begin – Need to take another course
- Fear – Of losing privacy, identity
- Laziness – This is too much work!
- Frustration – Get stuck and then lose patience
- The fluctuation of interest &/or Energy
- Self Doubt – I can’t do what they are doing
- Left brain-right brain conflict. Hate doing linear/sequential work
- Overwhelm – Way too much on my plate now
- Resistance & Avoidance- Get me outa here!
- Exhausted, Wrung Out – Need a break from this
- Anxious – Can I get this all done?
- Nervous – I hate the sound of my voice. I can never go in front of a camera.
This Mindset Monday post is presented especially for solopreneurs
by LowellAnn Fuglsang, Business and Career Coach
In my workstyle-lifestyle coaching work I love helping solopreneurs find direction, stay motivated and build systems that both support and promote their business. One support that I like to emphasize for them is the Google experience. Two great places to begin are my Weekly Being Your Own CEO Success Circle and The Portable Business Coach (Now titled “Solopreneur Evaluation Tool” – a tool that will tell you where you need to put more time and energy)