Positive Reviews and Testimonials
Most solopreneurs belong to a business community of some sort – it could be local or on-line. Some of us belong to many in both categories. And we belong for a variety of reasons:
- We want to stay on top of our game and learn about current and expected trends.
- We need to overcome that sense of isolation when we have no colleagues.
- And Most of All – we are trying to promote our own business.
But, what if I were to remind you that no one participates in a networking community to buy something? Then how on earth can you reconcile your greatest want with this fact? The answer lies in our finding ways to stay top of mind so that when the need or want arises, you will be the first one called upon.
Positive Reviews and Testimonials Are Very Helpful to Solopreneurs.
The best way to stay top of mind is to be continually doing something helpful for the other members – individually or collectively.
Collectively, we can get involved with the organization by offering our time and expertise. We can participate in activities wholeheartedly, attending regularly and promoting the group through positive reviews to others.
Individually, we can offer the gift of one-on-one connection and testimonials for their service offering. This will look a bit different, depending on their type of business. There are many places on line that look at local brick and mortar businesses, and there are others that are more suited for the service type.
Find out where they hang out on line and do a review or testimonial that enhances their profile.
Places to Offer Reviews:
- Yelp and Zomato – In your city you can find local businesses and you can write a review.
- Amazon – You can buy their book or product on Amazon and then provide feedback on your purchase.
- Yellow Pages – Business listing by category allows for reviews.
- Better Business Bureau – Businesses can get accreditation and consumers can request a quote and can launch a complaint or positive rating.
- Google Plus, Facebook and Twitter- You can share and +1/like/favourite their posts or you can post your thoughts about their wonderful product or service.
- Comments on Blog posts – This shows that you have read and appreciate what is offered.
- Testimonials on websites – Offer a few lines in text so they can be added to their website.
- LinkedIn – Write a specific recommendation
- MeetUp – You can offer reviews of presenters and you can offer a testimonial in the discussion area.
Your Monday exercise is to look at one local networking community and one on-line platform and consider how you might enhance the profile of at least five members. Now watch to see what impact they have both short term and long term.