Now that slightly more than half this year has passed, it’s time to review what our goals were for the year. Are the things you wanted to accomplish completed or at least well underway; or, have you lost your focus? Is it time to recharge your goals?
As I reflect on my own year, I feel those goals have faded slightly and I ask myself:
- Are they still relevant to my song? (Remember the Song Inside You and don’t mumble your life away)
- Do they need sharpening or recharging? By recharging, I mean do I have the same passion for them?
- Do they need adjusting or reshaping?
My answer to all three questions is YES! What about you?
So what can be done to energize your goals for the remainder of this year?
- Go back to your original business plan. That is the value of having a written one. You can go back and review it when things get foggy. Chances are that as a solopreneur you didn’t write one of those formal business plans that all the banks suggest. These are your notes about your vision, mission, values, ethics, the definition of service, business model, fee structure and marketing plans. You did write those down didn’t you? If not, better get to work with a good business coach.
- Now put the business plan away and re-write your vision. What do you want to achieve (both long and short term)? What will it feel like to achieve it? Do you notice a surge of positive energy? Is it similar or different from the first one you wrote? You will want to amend the business plan, right?
- Take a look at your current reality in relation to this vision. What does it tell you? Where is the tension? You will now be very clear about some new short term goals and next steps. Be sure to enter those next steps into your To-Do List.
Mindset Monday Challenge
Give some thought to where you are in relation to your goals for this year and ask yourself the questions that I posed to myself this morning.