- Are they still relevant to my song? (Remember the Song Inside You and don’t mumble your life away)
- Do they need sharpening or recharging? By recharging, I mean do I have the same passion for them?
- Do they need adjusting or reshaping?
So what can be done to energize your goals for the remainder of this year?
- Go back to your original business plan. That is the value of having a written one. You can go back and review it when things get foggy. Chances are that as a solopreneur you didn’t write one of those formal business plans that all the banks suggest. These are your notes about your vision, mission, values, ethics, the definition of service, business model, fee structure and marketing plans. You did write those down didn’t you? If not, better get to work with a good business coach.
- Now put the business plan away and re-write your vision. What do you want to achieve (both long and short term)? What will it feel like to achieve it? Do you notice a surge of positive energy? Is it similar or different from the first one you wrote? You will want to amend the business plan, right?
- Take a look at your current reality in relation to this vision. What does it tell you? Where is the tension? You will now be very clear about some new short term goals and next steps. Be sure to enter those next steps into your To-Do List.
Mindset Monday Challenge
This Mindset Monday post is presented especially for solopreneurs
by LowellAnn Fuglsang, Business and Career Coach
In my workstyle-lifestyle coaching work I love helping solopreneurs find direction, stay motivated and build systems that both support and promote their business. One support that I like to emphasize for them is the Google experience. Two great places to begin are my Weekly Being Your Own CEO Success Circle and The Portable Business Coach (Now titled “Solopreneur Evaluation Tool” – a tool that will tell you where you need to put more time and energy)