Recharging Your Life
At various times in our lives, we need to discover ways to regain that creative energy that makes life a joy. Here are eighteen ideas for recharging your life that I have thought of. Let’s increase the list to 100 WAYS TO RE-CHARGE.
As you can see this post was started back in 2008. Since then I’ve thought of a few more ways for recharging your life to add to the list so I shall publish it again.
Back in 2008, I found 57 ways to re-invent yourself in Susan Crandell’s book, Thinking About Tomorrow – Re-inventing Yourself in Midlife and it got me thinking about the many ways we can recharge ourselves. We don’t have to re-invent ourselves to get a new lease on life and work.
Here’s My Updated List for Recharging Your Life:
- Explore/study/read about intuitives. You may think it’s hokey, but It helps to open our minds to new ways of thinking about our world – medical, spiritual, indigo children.
- Mentor a new Canadian. We have so much to share and new Canadians are so receptive.
- Teach others how to do something. Seeing others grow and learn is so invigorating.
- Become a life long learner. Take courses, get a tutor, set a reading plan, join a book club – try new subjects to you.
- Learn to play a musical instrument, including your voice. It puts harmony in your life.
- Learn a language. Encourage your children or grandchildren to join you.
- Trace your family history. It enhances your sense of connection to your roots.
- Join or start a community choir. We all crave community these days, and this can be such a healing experience. Learn more about the Gettin Higher Choir in Victoria.
- Take up a new sport. Get some instruction first, then join a team or create one if it’s an individual sport.
- Trade homes with someone in another city or country. Great way to learn about other cultures and connect.
- Volunteer in pre-school or elementary school. Find you inner child; their energy is infectious.
- Take on a new Leadership role such as Girl Guides or Boy Scouts. Having a meaningful impact on their future can be very satisfying.
- Start a regular online circle with Zoom or Google Hangouts- you can connect with like minded folks all over the world.
- Start an online business. You can learn how with Wealthy Affiliate.
- Discover a new life practice. I’ve just begun Integral Life Practice and I’m really energized by this wonderfully balanced approach. This is based on Ken Wilber’s Integral AQAL.
- Take an elderly neighbour under your wing. Share your homemade soup and its recipe. Share your stories and adventures with her and notice how she gets energized.
- Find a walking partner and explore different parts of your city. Take pictures and share them in social media.
- Create a photo album with Google Photos and share with your family.
Mindset Monday Challenge
Reflect on this: Is there lots of joy and excitement in your life and work right now? How do you recharge? Please be sure to add your ideas to the growing list started in 2008. Leave us your comment below.
This Mindset Monday post is presented by LowellAnn Fuglsang, Business and Career Coach, especially for solopreneurs.
In my workstyle-lifestyle coaching work I love helping solopreneurs find direction, stay motivated and build systems that both support and promote their business. One support that I like to emphasize for them is the Google experience. Two great places to begin are my Weekly Being Your Own CEO Success Circle and The Portable Business Coach (a tool that will tell you where you need to put more time and energy)
Please leave me a Review on Google Maps Here