As a solopreneur, you have no doubt taken countless pieces of advice about social media. So now you find yourself hooked up to five or six platforms. And the question is, why are you there? Have you been thinking lately that you may not be getting any results – other than some fun and distraction? Why not try a Social Media Audit
and find out why?
In a recent Being Your Own CEO Success Circle, we discussed techniques for discovering where your audience actually is. Listen in to the discussion here:
When you don’t find what you had hoped for when doing the suggested searches, then its time to do an actual Social Media Audit.
- What is the tone of voice of the site?
- Personal activities & staying connected
- Professional – your Rolodex
- Instant news and trends
- A place to learn something
- A place to enjoy and share great designs
- A place to connect verbally/visually
- A place to make new friends
- How many followers do you have? Are they known to you or strangers?
- How many do you follow?
- How often do you post there?
- What types of things do you share there? (travel photos, cat pics, links to something interesting to your target client, links to your website)
- What do you hope followers will do? Do they do it?
- How much time per week do you spend there?
Now review your completed spreadsheet. What observations stand out? Are you satisfied with the results? Where are your target clients and are they connecting? Are you expending your time wisely? Could you benefit from a conversation with a business coach to help sort out the overall message and to develop a Social Media Strategy Plan? Find a template
to help you create your strategy here