Spruce Up Your Profiles
A thorough review of your on-line presence may tell you it’s time to spruce up your profiles.
Last week I participated in a great Wealthy Affiliate Friday night webinar by Jay Neill . The topic over the next month will be “A Facebook Ad Case Study“. We got started with the basics of Building a Quality Fan Page. When the webinar was over, I thought I should check out my Business Page to see if I had had all the basics covered.
Wow! I realized it’s been ages and ages since I made any improvements here, and this got me wondering whether all my business profiles needed some work. As a solopreneur, I know that over the years, there are many sites where I have joined and participated. These sites never go away, even if I am not very active on them any longer.
Here’s what I decided to do:
- Create a spreadsheet list of all those sites, including their urls, and review date going forward. The most obvious were Google Plus, Facebook, Twitter, Linked In and MeetUp. However, there are many others such as Yellow Pages, Yahoo, etc. I will need to do an extensive Google search on my name to find them all.
- Consider any changes or expansions in my business that I want to emphasize.
- Review my branding. Does it need updating? (recent picture of me, logo, colours, banners, etc.) Branding should be consistent across all platforms so that our prospects will recognize us.
- Take note of the last time any change was made on each site. Many social media platforms are constantly improving and changing. Does this site still present the way I want it?
- Review my business description to ensure that the proper keywords are included.
- Make any necessary changes on the site and add the information to my tracking spreadsheet.
My Facebook Page Work
Immediately, I spruced up my Facebook Business Page. Workstyle-Lifestyle Consulting is the legal name of my business and at one time my webpage also used that name. Today my website just uses my name. I decided it made sense to retain the business name, but would need to change the wording significantly. I made some changes to the banner and logo AND recorded an official Welcome Video. Have a look and listen to see what you think. I’m just now getting better acquainted with Facebook, so if you have constructive suggestions, I would welcome them.
September is always a good time to spruce things up in preparation for the new business season after holiday summer. So I will be doing some work this week improving my personal and business profiles. How about you?
Your Mindset Monday Challenge
Do some fall sprucing up! Review all your profiles and decide if they reflect what you want them to.