Values Based Business
Several months ago you heard me mention a new organization here in Victoria called the Values Based Business Network. (2014 update – this organization is no longer active) Its mandate is to develop and promote a values-based, sustainable business culture by promoting:
- the well-being and prosperity of very person in society
- environmental consciousness in the products and services we provide, in our business practices and in our use of resources
- economic viability that provides a fair return to investors, employees and the community.
It struck me recently that these goals are admirable ones for any organization, whether it be small or large business, government or solo practitioner. I had some fun playing with another Mind Map while thinking about this and realized that there are some common principles that apply to each bottom line: social, economic environment. It also became clear that everything is interrelated. Here’s my Mind Map: Sustainability. I ‘d love to hear what you think of it.
Coaching Questions to Stimulate Reflection About Your Life & Work
- What does sustainability look like in your career?
- What does sustainability look like in your organization?